Need help setting up Quest ?
We are working with Oculus to enable the installation of the app directly from the Store. For now, you can use Sideloading to get access to SENTIO VR app on Quest. Sideloading is the process of uploading software to your device locally, as opposed to downloading from that platform's officially curated store – in this case the platform is Android and the store is Oculus. Once enabled, sideloading will allow you to run SENTIO VR normally without any issues or cables.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Oculus Quest
- Computer running Windows, macOS, or Linux
- The Android or iOS device you use to set up and control your Quest
- USB cable
The USB-C cable included with the Oculus Quest can be used to sideload from your computer. If you're computer lacks a USB-C connection, you'll need a USB-C to USB-A cable or adapter like this one:
Before you can do any sideloading, you'll need to enable developer mode on your Oculus account and your Quest.
In a browser, go to this page and log into your Oculus account.
Enter a name for your organization in the text field and click Submit. Don't worry - you can always change this name later if you decide to develop & publish apps to the Oculus store.
Turn on your Quest headset and open the Oculus app on the Android or iOS device you used to set up your Quest. Follow these steps to enable Developer mode on your Quest:
- Tap Settings (bottom-right)
- Select your connected Quest from the device list and connect to it
- Tap More Settings which appears below your Quest in the device list
- Tap Developer Mode
- Tap the switch to enable developer mode
- Exit Settings on the app & reboot your Quest using the right-side power button
After your Quest reboots, developer mode should be enabled. You can confirm this by checking for the Developer category in the Quest's Settings menu as seen above.
VR Sideloader is a desktop app for Mac/Windows which allows you to browse and install content on your Quest via sideloading. Follow the steps below to install it on your computer and set it up for use with your Quest. Open the downloaded file and run the installer. The installation process includes all the drivers needed for transferring files to your Quest.
DOWNLOAD FOR WINDOWS
DOWNLOAD FOR MAC
LINK TO DOWNLOAD SENTIO VR APK
Next, we'll tell the Quest it's OK to connect to your computer:
- Open the VR Sideloader app on your computer
- Connect the Quest to your computer via USB cable.
- Put on the Quest headset – you should see a window open asking you to Allow USB debugging.
- Check the box labelled Always allow from this computer and click OK
- Your Quest and computer are now set up for sideloading using the VR Sideloader app.
Drag & drop the sentiovrquest.apk file on top of the VR Sideloader interface and click Install
Put on your Quest and tap on Library --> Unknown Sources to view the access to the SENTIO VR app.
Need help setting up Quest ?
Updated 2 days ago